Nov 30, 2012
1. Awesome deals on our holiday cards and birth announcements. I spent a total of $2 on our Christmas cards and $47 on our birth announcements. I need to just say how much I LOVE Minted. Aren't our announcements darling??
Check 'em out and if you sign up using this link: SIGN UP HERE you'll save $25 off your first order! Plus, I think if you use the code SURVEY2012 you'll save an additional 10%!
2. Crafty people. I love em. I love em because I do not have ONE creative bone in my body, but thanks to pinterest I feel like I'm Martha effin' Stewart! Tonight I'm attempting the glitter deer canvas you've probably seen here.
3. Keeping with the crafting theme, I'm thankful for Michael's. They have anything you could ever need and you can usually find some steep discounts!
4. My Brest Friend. I've nursed using pillows and I've nursed using a Boppy, but My Brest Friend (see what they did there?! ha!) takes the cake on nursing pillows. If you've never breastfed you won't understand, but it makes ALL the difference. No stiff neck, sore arms or tired back. Miracle worker, I tell ya. Get yourself one.
5. Firmoo. Do you know how much I paid for Rx eyeglasses on another website? About $300. Wanna know how much I paid for Rx sunglasses on Firmoo?? $7.95. They were free, I only paid shipping. Shout out to Helene for posting about Firmoo. Everytime I put them on I whisper "7.95" to myself. Unbelievable!
Well I'm off to pretend I'm Miss Suzy Homemaker. I've got some ideas for some DIY holiday craftage (not a word, don't care) so maybe tomorrow I'll showcase my skills. Or maybe not....
What are you guys thankful for??
Nov 28, 2012
Nov 27, 2012
Please take a minute to read about his story here: Isaac's story.
Nov 26, 2012
Nov 23, 2012
Big brother is so proud and protective of our little bug. Just two days with our guy and they're already two peas in a pod. Best friends those two will be! Hopefully we'll be heading home later today for some cuddles by the fireplace and breakfasts in bed. Hospitals are no fun!
Nov 22, 2012
Nov 21, 2012
I'm linking up with the beautiful Shanna again for "Random Wednesdays" It's nice to have a special reserved post for all those little tidbits that come up throughout the week, isn't it?
Nov 20, 2012
Today is our last day as a family of three. Tomorrow bright and early we'll be welcoming a new little man into our brood. I'm caught between feeling a sense of panic and a feeling of calm. Curious as to how introducing a new little person into our lives will go. Will I miss Liam being the only child? Can I possibly love both of them equally and wholeheartedly? Scary things to think about people! Last night was spent decorating the tree. It was so perfect, a quietness to the evening, all of us sincerely enjoying each others company. So here's to the last night of a home without a squirmy, fussy baby. We're all so excited to meet you!
Nov 19, 2012
Nov 15, 2012
Boy Meets World. Since I'm home all day by myself I watch a lot of TV. One of my favorites has always been this show. I actually cried during the last episode I watched. It sounds corny but some of the messages are so dead on! Wouldn't the world be a better place if every school had a teacher/principal/neighbor/whatever like Mr. Feeney??
Woody Harrelson. This crush started back in '94 when he was in a little movie called The Cowboy Way. My 8 year old heart was smitten. He seems so attainable and down to earth. A cute little goofball, witty and clever yet a little ditzy. There's just something about him I can't get enough of!
Jeff Bridges. The Dude. I'm a sucker for an older man (obvs, my hub is 19 years older). I think his main appeal for me is his voice. Something about it comforts me. No, I'm not on meds, yes I need to be. He's the kind of man you could sit and sip whiskey in some shitty hole in the wall bar and never be bored. Hey Jeff, if your marriage doesn't work out gimme a call.
Daniel Day Lewis. But only when he's in character. Daniel Plainview is by far one of my favorite movie characters followed by his performance in Gangs of New York. He can yell at me about drinking my milkshake any day of the week.