1. Yesterday I made a cake. OK, attempted to make a cake. Now, I've made this specific carrot cake about 5 times and there's never been a problem but yesterday there was a little but of a mishap so now I don't have a finished cake to share with you. It'll get done eventually and you'll thank and love me for introducing you to the BEST damn tasting carrot cake in the world.
2. I''ve never seen National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. I don't know how this happened seeing as how everyone I know LOVES this movie. Actually, the only National Lampoon movie I've seen is Animal House. I'm thinkin I might have to buy it when I go to Target today!
3. I haven't been to Target since April. If I'm being honest here, the only place I've been in the past 9 months is my gyno. I'm a severe anxiety sufferer and for some reason, pregnancy brings out the VERY worst. I'm talking sweating, nausea, even blacking out if I leave the house. Now that I'm not pregnant anymore I'm trying to take baby steps and working on leaving the house. I do intend on getting back on crazy pills, it would be nice to not have to take them, unfortunately talking myself through a panic attack isn't cutting it anymore. Possible future post on this, it's something I struggle with daily and I've never admitted to anyone besides Steve the extent of how bad it is. Feels nice to get it out there! Long story short, I'm attempting Target today!
4. Jackson is 2 weeks old today! This past week he got his first bath, had his first grumpy day (NOT fun), had his first outing to mom's old work and gained all of his birth weight back! I'm a tired, tired mama and I know you're supposed to sleep when the baby sleeps, but I find myself wanting to clean or do laundry or shop online when he's asleep! I relish those quiet alone moments ya know?!
5. I know it's still early, and I had originally intended on staying home full time with Jackson, but I'm not so sure anymore! I've worked since I was 14 years old and this whole not working thing has been a bigger adjustment than I imagined. I enjoy making my own money and having a work schedule and relationships outside of the home. Don't get me wrong I love love love my family and I know I am very privileged to even have the option to be a stay at home mommy, but I think I need something for myself outside of my home. I'm thinking maybe in a few months going back to work part time? We'll see!
Alright ya animals, now head over to Shanna's and link up!