Dec 5, 2012

Random Wednesday

Ah my favorite day of the week!  I just love going through everyone's random lists and seeing what they're up to, don't you?? Here's what's been goin' down on my side of town (huge dork dont judge)

1.  Yesterday I made a cake. OK, attempted to make a cake.  Now, I've made this specific carrot cake about 5 times and there's never been a problem but yesterday there was a little but of a mishap so now I don't have a finished cake to share with you.  It'll get done eventually and you'll thank and love me for introducing you to the BEST damn tasting carrot cake in the world.

2.  I''ve never seen National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.  I don't know how this happened seeing as how everyone I know LOVES this movie.  Actually, the only National Lampoon movie I've seen is Animal House.  I'm thinkin I might have to buy it when I go to Target today!

3.  I haven't been to Target since April.  If I'm being honest here, the only place I've been in the past 9 months is my gyno.  I'm a severe anxiety sufferer and for some reason, pregnancy brings out the VERY worst.  I'm talking sweating, nausea, even blacking out if I leave the house.  Now that I'm not pregnant anymore I'm trying to take baby steps and working on leaving the house.  I do intend on getting back on crazy pills, it would be nice to not have to take them, unfortunately talking myself through a panic attack isn't cutting it anymore.  Possible future post on this, it's something I struggle with daily and I've never admitted to anyone besides Steve the extent of how bad it is.  Feels nice to get it out there!  Long story short, I'm attempting Target today!



4.  Jackson is 2 weeks old today!  This past week he got his first bath, had his first grumpy day (NOT fun), had his first outing to mom's old work and gained all of his birth weight back!  I'm a tired, tired mama and I know you're supposed to sleep when the baby sleeps, but I find myself wanting to clean or do laundry or shop online when he's asleep! I relish those quiet alone moments ya know?!

5.  I know it's still early, and I had originally intended on staying home full time with Jackson, but I'm not so sure anymore!  I've worked since I was 14 years old and this whole not working thing has been a bigger adjustment than I imagined.  I enjoy making my own money and having a work schedule and relationships outside of the home.  Don't get me wrong I love love love my family and I know I am very privileged to even have the option to be a stay at home mommy, but I think I need something for myself outside of my home.  I'm thinking maybe in a few months going back to work part time?  We'll see!

Alright ya animals, now head over to Shanna's and link up!


6 comments:

Taylor @ Pink Heels Pink Truck said... Reply To This Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by, Amber! :) Your baby is a cutie pie!! Congrats to you and your family!!
Hang in there sister! And there is nothing wrong about wanting to work if that is something that you enjoy doing! :)

Simply Evani said... Reply To This Comment

I know what you mean about baking mishaps! Ugh, they are so frustrating. I hope your trip to Target is successful! I'll be thinkin of you and the little one!

Because Shanna Said So said... Reply To This Comment

Sweet Jackson!!! Look at him!! Growing like a weed!!! And girl, you have to watch Christmas Vacation. It's a CLASSIC!! And don't call them crazy pills....you are NOT crazy and it's okay to take them. Hang in there, lady! And thanks for linking up!

Sheena Rae said... Reply To This Comment

Thanks for stopping by the blog today!
No TARGET since APRIL?! I'd die!!!
I normally hate JCP and don't even go in there, but I will be from now on!

Alyssa @ Sweet Shangrila said... Reply To This Comment

Jackson is so adorable! You are so not alone with your anxiety, and there is nothing wrong (or crazy) about taking meds. In my opinion, it takes a pretty strong person to be able to recognize they need to seek help, not to mention talk about it on a blog so I hope you give yourself some credit!:)

Samantha @ Sam ipsa Loquitur said... Reply To This Comment

It's not just you, this was NOT a good week for cake. I made hands down the worst gingerbread cupcakes the world has ever known.

And you are NOT taking crazy pills! You're taking something that helps you have a better life, and there's not a single crazy thing about that. Enjoy the heck out of Target!

Samantha @ Sam ipsa loquitur

Pin It button on image hover