Apr 7, 2013

March Birchbox Review

Do you Birchbox?
I love seeing what people got in their box every month and LOVE finding new products. 
Pre Birchbox I would buy full size products and be sh*t out of luck if I didn't like it.
Let's just say I'm kind of obsessed with getting a box of surprises in my mailbox each month.
For March, these are the things I received:


1. Whish Shave Crave Shaving Cream $20/full size - Interesting.  I neither hated nor loved this product.  That could be because the last time I used shaving cream was when my mom first allowed me to shave my legs, so I proceeded to shave every single day (sometimes 2x a day. Loser)  Honestly it didn't make enough of a difference for me to justify paying $20 for a bottle, so I'll pass.

2. Benefit Benetint $29/0.4 fl oz - Love it.  I can't believe I haven't tried the tint before getting it in the box, seeing as how it's Benefit's best seller. I haven't used it on my cheeks (blush application scares me) but love it on my lips.  It dries like a stain, leaving a natural rosy tint to my lips without being glossy.  Very pretty. Would absolutely purchase.

3. Macadamia Natural Oil Healing Oil Treatment $39.95/full size - This product promises to repair damaged hair and add shine.  It does work very well.  I mix it in with a leave in styling cream and let hair air dry.  It is noticeably smoother and softer, but for the price I think I will keep looking for a comparable product.

4.  Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque $36/full size - Basically the same exact thing as the previous product, but this one is a deep conditioner that is washed out.  Left my hair very, very soft and didn't weigh it down, but like the previous product, I'll keep looking for something a little more affordable.

5.  Supergoop! Antioxidant Infused Sunscreen $19/full size - Full coverage sun protection with Vitamin C would be perfect for a day outside.  I didn't receive a mist, I received a face and body lotion, which in my opinion is waaaay too thick and greasy to go on my face, but the lack of parabens, oxybenzone and fragrances might make up for that.  At $20 a bottle and living in a state that's 95% sunny year-round, it's not realistic for me to spend that much money on sunscreen.  Pass.

6. Madewell for Birchbox Emery Board $5 - Super cute and who couldn't use an extra emery board?  I'd buy it for sure!

The $10 I pay a month for Birchbox more than makes up for the amount of money I've wasted on products I didn't love.  Sign up here!

No comments:

Pin It button on image hover