Mar 5, 2013

Sweetheart Voxbox Review

For some unknown reason I was notified by Influenster that I was eligible to receive
their February SweetHeart VoxBox.  Score!  I'm really surprised considering I just signed up
in December. but hey, I'm not gonna question it!

I received these items:


1.  Olay Fresh Effects Va-Va-Vivid Cleansing System - Ok, this one I was SO excited about.  I've been lusting over a Clarisonic Mia for a very long time, but with the price tag I just couldn't justify the purchase.  I had high hopes for the Olay skincare system and I can safely say I'll be adding this system into my skincare regimen.  You start out by rinsing both your face and the brush.  Add cleanser to brush and rub over face in circular motions.  After about a minute, rinse and stare in wonder at your skin ;)  Ok, maybe it's no miracle worker, but afterwards my skin was soft & smooth without dryness.  It's really hard for me to find a cleanser that doesn't leave my skin a little dry, so to find one that's so easy on the wallet is wonderful.  I give it 5/5!

2.  Secret Clinical Strength Stress Response Antiperspirant - For as long as I can remember, I've always had an issue with sweat.  I'm talking sweating in 50 degree weather.  I should probably talk to a doctor about it, but for now I've been using different clinical strength formulas, and this one has become a favorite.  The citrusy smell is a little more pungent than I'm used to, but since it's applied at bedtime, there's no overpowering smells come morning.  My skin adjusts quickly so I need to rotate products or else they quit working for me, so we'll see how long this one works for me. I  But overall I'd give it 4/5 it lost a point for the strong orangey smell.

3.  Not Your Mother's Beach Babe Texturizing Spray - One of my favorite things about going to the beach are the wavy, laid back locks I have at the end of the day.  Not living by a beach myself, I was so thrilled to try out the spray and it didn't disappoint.  My hair had the loosest, beachiest waves.  It really looked like I just stepped out of the ocean.  I'm kind of hair-challenged when it comes to styling it in any way other than a ponytail so the spray, for me, is a godsend! All I did was spritz it on my damp hair and blow dried on the low setting while scrunching from ends to roots.  Voila!  Sexy time!

4.  Skinnygirl On-the-Go Bars - Unfortunately, I can not stand either the taste of coconut or peanut butter.  I am crazy, I know, but for the sake of giving MY honest review, I sucked it up and took a bite.   Well, I didn't throw up, so I guess that's a positive?  In all seriousness, if this was in a different flavor (chocolate chip, hint hint) I'd be all over it.  I can pronounce every ingredient and one of my favorite snacks are granola-ish type bars.  I'd give it 3.5/5

Overall, my experience was such a positive one that I can't wait for the next box!
I love being able to try new products, and not only that, being able to review them for all of you guys.

You never know where you'll find your next beauty must have, so to be able to try
so many things out before purchasing is SO awesome.

Thanks so much Influenster!

*Obligatory small print - All products are complimentary of Influenster for testing purposes, but all opinions are mine and 100% honest. 

1 comment:

Simply Evani said... Reply To This Comment

Oh I've been wanting to try the texturizing spray! I'm glad you liked it so much :)

Pin It button on image hover