makeup must haves by amberoutnumbered featuring urban decay makeup
1. Too Faced Tinted Beauty Balm - I was a little late to the BB party, and after trying a drugstore brand, wasn't completely sold on the idea. But of course after a trip to Sephora I was sold. Beauty Balm is a godsend to anyone needing a speedy makeup routine. The product moisturizes, primes, tints, prevents and protects skin (spf 20) - total no brainer. The only downfall for me personally, is the coverage is very light, so on days I have more time or want more coverage I mix it in with my foundation.
2. Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Mushroom - I've been a long time user of Urban Decay's eyeshadows and their new revamped formula is A-MAZING. The color glides on whether you use your finger or a brush and is highly pigmented. I haven't tried it without my eyeshadow primer, but with it the color lasts all day. I've even woke up the next morning and my eyeshadow still looked fresh and vibrant. Definitely worth the price!
3. elf High Definition Powder - The powder creates a "soft focus" effect which makes it great on days you'll be taking pictures. It masks fine lines and other imperfections and gives the skin a subtle glow. Make sure you tap out your brush before applying otherwise you'll look like a china doll.
4. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Sin - If you've never used an eyeshadow primer, get on it! Spread some of this on eyelids pre eyeshadow application, and your colors will be crease-free, vibrant, and last seriously all day. The great thing about it, is it has a soft, shimmery champagne color that's pretty enough on it's own. It's the bees knees!
5. Buxom Lash Waterproof Mascara - Unfortunately I wasn't blessed with super thick eyelashes. Well this is where Buxom Mascara comes in. I've tried TONS of different mascaras ranging from drugstore brands to higher end, and this one by far is my favorite. It makes my lashes SO full and big without clumping and on top of that, it's waterproof, which is a necessity for an emotional basketcase like myself ;) Even better it doesn't have parabens, sulfates or synthetic dyes or fragrances.
6. elf Kabuki Face Brush - I personally use this brush solely for my high definition powder, although you can use it for lots of things - bronzer, blush, highlighter and mineral makeup. The powder goes on smoothly and evenly with the brush - Awesome.
7. Loreal True Match Lumi - In my younger days, I didn't really have a need for foundation. My skin was clear, dewy and there wasn't a dark circle in sight. Motherhood took a toll on that youthful glow and now I've got dark spots, circles, redness and pretty lackluster skin. This foundation is pretty light but has buildable coverage so it's perfect for summer. Like I said, I'm pretty new in the foundation department and while this one is good for now, I'd like something more full coverage so I'll probably continue use through summer and seek out another option in the fall.
8. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil - Perversion - As with mascara, I've tried my fair share of eyeliners. Not to sound like a makeup snob, but drugstore brands just don't cut it for me. UD's eye pencil applies smooth and creamy (good for blending) but dries in a rich color that doesn't budge. Perfect for a dramatic smoky eye!
9. Lorac Ooh La Lace Baked Shimmer & Matte Eyeshadow Palette - My go to when doing a smoky eye. Three matte colors and three shimmery ones create the sexiest bedroom eyes - I just love it. And that's all I have to say about that.
10. Buxom Big & Healthy Lip Polish - Dolly - Hell to the yes. It's surprisingly difficult to find lip color that lasts longer than 30 minutes and isn't sticky. Chalk full of Vitamins A & E, it not only moisturizes like crazy, it's also super shiny. Added bonus - it creates a look of fuller lips. I didn't notice any tingling so that's a plus in my book.
There ya have it.
What are your makeup must haves?
More specifically, any full coverage foundations you swear by?