Jan 8, 2013

Random Wednesday

Hello Lovelies!

Hope you're all having an awesome Wednesday.

I'm having a teensy wardrobe crisis and I need your opinions.  

My "stepson's" wedding is in March and I'm kind of at a loss for what to wear! 
Normally, I wouldn't sweat it too much, but the circumstances are a little unusual, so let me explain and maybe you ladies can give me your honest opinions on how I should dress.

My manfriend, Steve, and I have a 19 year difference between us.  His son Andy is a year older than me, and it's his wedding we will be attending.  Steve is in the wedding party, I am not.  

His kids are both totally accepting of our relationship, but I'm sure it's not that way for everyone in the family. I don't want to draw attention to the age difference by dressing too "young", but I also don't want to dress frumpy.  
I'm not too sure how things will pan out, I'm not going to assume I'll be in wedding pics etc, so these are the two looks I've come up with.  The first one feels more "me", but I'm SO in love with the second dress too.

So which version do you like better? 1 or 2? Or neither? 

Wedding look 1

Party dress / Ash high heel shoes / Accessorize glitter handbag / PERLOTA handcrafted fine jewelry, $4,000 / NARS Cosmetics / Essie nail polish

Wedding look 2

Yves Saint Laurent patent leather pumps / Clare Vivier metallic leather handbag / Kendra Scott yellow gold jewelry / NARS Cosmetics / Essie nail polish / Rent The Runway / Rent The Runway


On another note, I'm gonna do something I've never done before.
An outfit post.  Yikes.




Cardi - Forever 21 (old)
Dress - ASOS
Belt - Forever 21 (old)
Boots - Target


Slowly but surely my clothes are starting to fit me again, so who knows maybe
this will be a weekly thing?

Thanks for reading!!



pleated poppy

13 comments:

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said... Reply To This Comment

I like both looks! Each are wedding appropriate and if you like the second better I say go with it. It's sophisticated and very pretty!

Great outfit you're wearing, too :)

Visiting via Random Wednesday!

Ashley said... Reply To This Comment

You really should make the outfit post a weekly thing. Love the one you're wearing.

I really like #2. (both are nice, though). I like the second one because the neckline is so unique!!

Blue Dog Belle said... Reply To This Comment

I like #2!

Jillian Nicole said... Reply To This Comment

Honestly I like the first option simply because I love the color and style of the dress and the simple black pullover. Plus I have never been a lover of laced dresses, you will find yourself fixing or adjusting all night. Anyway, bottom line it is what makes you most comfortable. Good luck and I look to seeing what you chose.
I am following you from the hop and would love for you to follow along.
Jillian
http://puzzlemecomplete.blogspot.com/2013/01/ww-what-you-need-to-hear-everyday-of.html

deanna@delirious-rhapsody said... Reply To This Comment

this is so cute! i love the dress paired with the cardigan. :)

Roothless.xo said... Reply To This Comment

Im with outfit number 2.
that dress is stunning.

and i love your outfit. the yellow dress is great.

www.roothless-xo.blogspot.ca

Helene said... Reply To This Comment

I love this look! #2 is my pick!

chrissi said... Reply To This Comment

I love your glasses! Ok, moving on to the wedding outfits...I think the second choice is my favorite. I just really like the lace overlay sleeves and deeper teal color.

http://fieryfinish.blogspot.com

Lindsay said... Reply To This Comment

I love wedding outfit 2. And I love your outfit! That dress is so cute!

Kisha Jaggers said... Reply To This Comment

New Follower! Found you through the I Love My Post Linkup! When you have time, come visit at kjaggers.com and if you like what you see.. follow back! Happy New Year!

Amanda Cobb said... Reply To This Comment

I think the navy over that orange print dress works great - and the belt pulls it together (literally and visually - ha!). :-D

I vote for wedding look #2 - that dress is gorgeous.

Amber said... Reply To This Comment

oooh I like #2!

Cute dress in the pics too :)

Tiff Ima said... Reply To This Comment

Came to your blog from Life in a Break Down Blog Hop.....excited to participate! I would love if you followed my blog and provided some feedback!

Look number two is awesome...very non-traditional. Also I love your outfit here :)

Tiff Ima
http://stylehonestly.com

Pin It button on image hover